There is so much involved in moving to another province! Admittedly, most of the paperwork that I have been doing in the past few days deals more with getting ready for school than actually moving, but this week the focus has definitely become finding an apartment in Ottawa.
Definitely a difficult task from where I am in Nova Scotia. Thankfully, though, my parents are already in Ottawa so they've been helping me out by calling places (long distance charges suck!) and they are going to start taking a look at places for me on Saturday and they'll send pictures so that I can make the final decision. So today was another day of running around for me. In order to put an application in without me actually there, they needed me to fill out the application ahead of time and to send it to Ontario along with copies of my driver's licence and financial info. Part of me wishes that I was already there right now for the simple reason that it would be MUCH easier
to get everything organized if I could just take care of everything myself. I'm also starting to get really excited about setting up my place, settling in, being in a new city and being close to the majority of my family. But then I think about why I decided to stay in the first place - being able to work (money is important), spending time with my brother and sister before I go and of course my friends. I don't really want to leave just yet, I'm just excited about starting something new.
In the meantime though, I hope that everything works out with the apartment that my parents are going to be looking at on Saturday. It's in the same building as my cousin and the apartments are pretty big. And what makes it even better is that it's only a short walk from school and the building has a weight room and hot tub! Pretty nice! Fingers crossed that I get it; it would be so great to switch focus from searching for an apartment to deciding where to put everything :) Oh I'm so excited!
In the meantime though, I hope that everything works out with the apartment that my parents are going to be looking at on Saturday. It's in the same building as my cousin and the apartments are pretty big. And what makes it even better is that it's only a short walk from school and the building has a weight room and hot tub! Pretty nice! Fingers crossed that I get it; it would be so great to switch focus from searching for an apartment to deciding where to put everything :) Oh I'm so excited!
0 comments:
Post a Comment